The Board of Governors has overall responsibility for managing Horizon’s affairs, maintaining its educational standards and administering its property portfolio. Its principal functions include working with the principals to establish strategic direction, review the overall curriculum strategy for all schools and ensure the efficient use of resources.
The Board is responsible for ensuring effective communication between parents and staff and for maintaining procedures for the recruitment, retention, management, development and support of all employees. Its responsibilities also include selecting and appraising the performance of the principals.
The Board of Governors is broadly constituted, includes seven members and is supported by a number of committees.
Priority Goals (2018-2021)
- We will provide a rigorous international education for our students and increase consistency at all grade levels.
- We will provide structured professional development opportunities for our staff based on the needs of educators, learners, and the school.
- We will maintain a safe, healthy and well-resourced school environment for our students and staff.
- We will develop and implement a nurturing relationship with the local and global community, working cooperatively to promote internationalism and global peace.
- New and current school board members will be equipped with the necessary skills and information to better monitor the performance of our school.
- We will move to a new school facility which will better serve the needs of our students.