Horizon Japan International School
We take pleasure in welcoming you to Horizon Japan International School (HJIS). HJIS serves students from preschool through high school. An IB World School, Horizon holds accreditations by Kanagawa Prefecture, and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), membership statuses of the European Council of International Schools (ECIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS), acknowledging the quality of education and services our students receive. We provide a high quality education in English for our student body. In addition, Japanese is offered as a subject and taught at the Kokugo level for able students.
more about HJIS
- HJIS holds accreditation/membership from these bodies: Japanese Government, ECIS (European Council of International Schools), CIS (Council of International Schools), WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
- Horizon Japan International School is authorised by the International Baccalaureate (IB) to offer Diploma Programme and is an IB World School.
- Kokugo for Able Students
JAL for Starters
- Yokohama-Setogaya Route
- HJIS is registered as Cambridge International Centre and implements the Cambridge International Curricula at its Primary and Secondary Schools. For the areas not covered by Cambridge, Horizon implements UK and local curricula.
- HJIS' success is characterized by individualized instruction thanks to the low student-to-teacher ratio it has. This enables teachers to differentiate their teaching, providing the support or the extension the students need without having to overlook any of the students in their classes.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
Japanese as an Additional Language (JAL)
- After School Programmes
Cultural Exchange Programmes